Victoria Park Harriers and Tower Hamlets Athletics Club
Friendly east London club for athletes of all abilities
Current club activities (for existing and prospective members):
Last updated on 22 September 2020.
Club sessions have resumed on a limited and modified basis. The clubhouse itself is currently closed with no access to facilities (eg. changing rooms, toilets, bar). Runners are advised to turn up ‘ready to run’. Designated bike parking is available. All sessions require pre-registration to manage group numbers and track attendees (as per the club sessions information below). The organisers will endeavour to maintain good communication and flag any additional amendments on an ongoing basis.
The club has put in place a COVID-19 framework which outlines the responsibilities of each party that must be acknowledged and adhered to: https://tinyurl.com/VPHguidanceV1
- Monday circuits with Coach Tony at the clubhouse are currently on hold until further notice.
- Tuesday track ‘interval’ sessions with Coach Mick Cairns is organised with limited numbers (up to 20 runners in total split into groups). A google form is released weekly requesting specific personal details to assign places. Training details also continue to be published on a weekly basis to be run ‘virtually’.
- Thursday ‘Project V’ with Coach Steve Hobbs is organised with limited numbers (up to 12 runners per group). A google form is released weekly requesting specific personal details to assign places. The session focuses on threshold pace work, which can be described as medium effort intervals that may last up to 10 minutes (a variation on shorter track workouts).
- Thursday (7pm) and Sunday (9:30am) group runs: the sessions require pre-registration via a google doc which is refreshed weekly. Runners are requested to add their names (selecting the suitable distance and pace) and turn up at the clubhouse ready to run. The groups (up to 6 runners) are self guided runs led by members.
- Track sessions at Mile End: weekly activity has also resumed on a limited basis. Please send separate enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leagues & Fixtures:
- All external winter League and championship fixtures (eg. Met league XC, Chingford league XC, SEAA & EA fixtures) are currently suspended until further notice. We are in close contact with the respective organisers and will share any new information as it becomes available.
- The monthly club handicaps and classic club championship fixtures (organised for our members and guests) may take place in virtual format at this point in time. Details to be confirmed on an individual fixture basis.
We encourage new prospective members to trial a couple of sessions with us before committing to any membership payments. If any of the sessions described above would be of interest please contact us for more details: email@example.com
Each session kicks off with a new joiner welcome announcement and session briefing. Since the relaunch, there has been a great turn out of newcomers and regulars creating a good blend of runners making our group sessions friendly and relaxed.
We also recommend new and prospective members to join our closed facebook group which is a good source of club information and recent activity of how we have approached the reintroduction of club sessions: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPHTHAC/
Click on a fixture to open and close further information on that fixture.
‘BL’ next to a fixture indicates that Boswall League points are available.
You can subscribe to this calendar via iCalendar or HTML how?.