Victoria Park Harriers and Tower Hamlets Athletics Club
Friendly east London club for athletes of all abilities
Read our COVID-19 update for current modifications to the below club sessions
Road and Cross Country Training
Regular weekly club training sessions are available at the following times. There is no minimum pace requirement, all abilities are welcome, and coached sessions are scalable to relevant experience and speed:
*(during covid restrictions, access to coached training is currently for paid up members only. Prospective members are welcome to trial the group runs)
- Tuesday, 7:30pm: Coached session*: Interval training with Coach Mick Cairns (get in touch to confirm current meet location: London Track or Cinder Track in Victoria Park)
- Thursday, 7:00pm: Group runs 5k, 10k, 16k (various pace groups based on demand in a friendly and relaxed environment). Meeting at the clubhouse for a welcome briefing, and organise into groups before setting off.
- Thursday, 7:30pm Coached session*: ‘Project V’ tempo training with Coach Steve Hobbs (get in touch to confirm current meet location in the vacinity of the Olympic Park)
- Sunday, 9:30am: Group runs 10-12k, 16k, 20k+ (various pace groups based on demand in a friendly and relaxed environment). Meeting at the clubhouse for a welcome briefing, and organise into groups before setting off.
Please note that there are no training sessions on race nights, which include the last Thursday of every month (the club handicap), Assembly League races and some Chingford League races. Please check the fixtures calendar for details of upcoming races.
Read our guidelines to running safely
Circuit Training (currently suspended due to covid restrictions, restart date tbc)
Circuit training is led by Tony Bunbury at the clubhouse in Victoria Park on Mondays at 7pm. All abilities are welcome.
Track and Field Training
Specialist Track and Field training takes place on a weekly basis at Mile End Stadium. New prospective members are invited to contact Alf Vickers and Cornelia Abe-Minale beforehand (at firstname.lastname@example.org) to make introductions and arrange to attend a first session:
- Seniors, Sprints and Hurdles: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 pm, Saturdays from 9 am.
Details on junior training sessions are on the junior website