Victoria Park Harriers and Tower Hamlets Athletics Club
Friendly east London club for athletes of all abilities
This January, Run for you!
- Is 2020 the year you start running? What better way to lift the January blues than running outside with others who’ve committed to getting more active too? You won’t regret it!
- Run for you is our 9-week course (Monday evenings, January - March) designed for adults who are absolute beginners, as well as those returning to running after a long time away. By the end of the programme you will be able to complete 5km, and we will run a local 5km event together for our final session!
- It doesn’t matter how fast you are, nobody is too slow to join us! Training with other people will help you build a habit and stick to running for the year.
- We are Victoria Park Harriers and Tower Hamlets Athletics Club, a friendly and running club based in Victoria Park (St. Augustine’s Hall, Cadogan Terrace, E9 5EG).
- The course is based on running up to three times a week, with one session led by a qualified Run Leader and two others you can run independently or perhaps with other group members. We will give you a personalised programme and support throughout.
- It costs only £10 for 9 weeks. If you do decide to join the club at the end of the programme, you can buy our club vest for just £5 (normal price £15).
Monday 13 January – Monday 9 March, 6.45pm – 8pm (we won’t be running all this time!).
We will also run together a local 5km event, Hackney Marshes parkrun, on Saturday 14 March.
10 places are available. Click here to sign-up online in advance. You will first complete a short registration form before being sent payment information to guarantee your place. You will receive further practical information about how to find us and what to wear in advance of the first session.