Victoria Park Harriers and Tower Hamlets Athletics Club
Friendly east London club for athletes of all abilities
Run for you
Whether you are a complete beginner wanting to run 5k or looking to improve your running and run 10k, we have a course for you! Run for you beginners is our complete beginners 5k course; Run for you improvers is our course to help you build from 5k to 10k.
We aim to organise our face-to-face courses annually, often starting with the beginners and then the improvers course.
Our 2021 Improvers course starting on the 2nd August is now full. Further below you can find out about our virtual course and express interest in future courses (to be scheduled in 2022).
We have also created a free virtual version of each course for when there isn’t a face to face course available / for you to use instead, which includes a course pack and an audio introduction to the course.
As part of the virtual course, you are also welcome to come down to our Thursday evening 7pm social runs, when these sessions are on – please check our Facebook group for more details. Typically, we have groups running 5k or more at a range of paces - you could run your 5k or 10k finale with us, or improvers course participants could do one of their training sessions. You can find out more details in the relevant course pack.
If you would like to receive a copy of our virtual course pack, please email email@example.com stating which course you would like, beginners or improvers. Once you have been in touch, we would be happy to introduce you to others who have recently completed the course and have gone on to join the club.
If the current face-to-face groups reach capacity or there are no dates scheduled, you can also register to express your interest by completing our online form. We will then contact you when we have scheduled further courses.
Please direct any of your other general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VPH Run for You - beginners (up to 5k)
- Run for you is our 9-week course (Saturday mornings,10am – 11am) designed for adults who are absolute beginners, as well as those returning to running after a long time away. By the end of the programme you will be able to complete 5km, and we will run a 5km together for our final session!
- It doesn’t matter how fast you are, nobody is too slow to join us! Training with other people will help you build a habit and stick to running. The course is based on running three times a week, with one session led by a qualified Run Leader and two others you can run independently or perhaps with other group members. We will give you support throughout.
- We meet at our clubhouse and run in Victoria Park.
- It costs only £12.50 for 9 weeks. If you do decide to join the club at the end of the programme, you can also buy our club vest for just £5 (normal price £15).
VPH Run for You - improvers (5k to 10k)
- Are you wanting to take on a 10k? Why not join Run for you Improvers, our course to help you improve your running and build from 5k to 10k?
- Run for you Improvers is our 8-week course (Mondays at 6.30pm and one Thursday at 7pm) designed for adults who can comfortably run 5k (3.1 miles) and would like to improve their running form, endurance and speed, and build up to running 10k (6.2 miles).
- It doesn’t matter how fast you are, nobody is too slow to join us! Our sessions are time-based, meaning you always run at your pace.
- We meet at our clubhouse and run in various locations nearby.
- The course is based on running three times a week, with one session led by a qualified Run Leader and two others you can run independently or perhaps with other group members. We will give you support throughout.
- It costs only £15 for 8 weeks. If you do decide to join the club at the end of the programme, you can buy our club vest for just £5 (normal price £15). Club members can participate for free.