Victoria Park Harriers and Tower Hamlets Athletics Club
Friendly east London club for athletes of all abilities
COVID-19: Current club activities for existing and prospective members
** Updated 7 May 2022 **
The government have released their latest 6 May 2022 update to end the remaining restrictions. This of course is the positive news we have been hoping for for some time, and welcome the return of athletics and running across the country.
New & Prospective Members
New prospective members are very welcome to join and trial the group runs (before committing to the paid membership). Access to the coached sessions will be made available to members once formally registered with the club (with the private spond link shared with the membership confirmation email). If you have further queries not addressed in the information below, please contact us for more details: email@example.com
Each session kicks off with a new joiner welcome announcement and session briefing. There is a steady stream of newcomers and regulars creating a good blend of runners making our group sessions friendly and relaxed.
We also recommend new and prospective members to join our closed facebook group which is a good source of club information and recent activity of how we have approached the reintroduction of club sessions.
- Monday circuits (7pm) with Coach Tony Bunbury at the clubhouse.
- Tuesday ‘interval / track’ sessions (7:15pm, London Community Track, Stratford) with Coach Mick Cairns is organised for paid up members. Spond is used to assign places (with access granted to the app via the membership confirmation email). Training details also continue to be published on a weekly basis to be run ‘virtually’.
- Thursday ‘Project V’ (7pm, clubhouse) with Coach Steve Hobbs is organised for paid up members. Spond is used to assign places (with access granted to the app via the membership confirmation email). The session focuses on threshold pace work, which can be described as medium effort intervals that may last up to 10 minutes (a variation on shorter track workouts).
- Thursday (7pm) and Sunday (9:30am) group runs starting at the clubhouse within Victoria Park, turn-up ready to run. No pre-registration is required. The groups are self guided runs led by members. The clubhouse bar is open into the evening for drinks and food after the session each week.
- General weekly access to the clubhouse gym and fitness equipment - only limited access on Thursday evenings from 6:45pm till late.
- Specialist Track & Field (inc. junior athletes) at Mile End Stadium with our dedicated coaching team, weekly T&F activity has also resumed. Please send separate enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The status of the respective 2022/23 leagues and fixtures are reflected as they are made known to the club by the organisers. All details are outlined in the VPH club google calendar. The calendar can be synced to your personal device and refreshes automatically.
Covid Announcements Archive